Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Reflection on Paraphrase Practice



What I learned Today: 

I learned over the course of our classes how to paraphrase and quote. Paraphrasing is useful when when you want to give your own explanation of a quote, so instead of having to quote it, you can just explain it in your own words. While Quoting is good because it makes your paper stand ou


These are the things Mrs.Lawson wanted us to learn and I know them!
  • Only use a direct quote when it adds power and style to my writing.
  • Always make it clear,from context,that I understand the full meaning of the quote.
  • Whether I quote or paraphrase, I must always be transparent about the source and how I'm using it. 
  • If I use another author's exact words or phrases, to any extent, I have to use quotation marks and give credit. 
  • If I use another author's presentation of facts or ideas, but put their ideas in my own words, (paraphrase) I better have a good reason for doing so, and I MUST give credit. 
  • Hyperlinking is so easy, there is no excuse for not being transparent about my sources.                             

No comments:

Post a Comment