Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Civil Rights Act of 1964



  1. Outlawed Discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, and sex. Also banned segregated public places as well. So racist behavior became illegal after this law. 

2: I think these behaviors are still taking place today, some people are just taught these racist behaviors as children and it's hard to break that mold for them. It might not be happening as obliviously as we think but it is happening on one level or another.

3: I guess some kind of classes or program for people who discriminate that would break these racist feelings for them. I'm not a 100% sure how that would work but some kind of program I feel like would be the best solution to break down people's feeling discriminatory feelings.
  The movie was really good, I had never heard about the Birmingham stuff before with the march and church stuff so it was interesting to learn about that. I'm excited for the field trip as well since I've never been to the museum or the church as well and I think it'll be interesting to learn more about it and get to see where all this stuff went down as well. 

https://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/civil-rights-act
https://www.nps.gov/subjects/civilrights/1964-civil-rights-act.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment